Guidelines For Poster Presentation
GUIDELINES FOR E-POSTER PRESENTATIONS
Definition: A poster is a visual display of the scientific abstract accepted to the conference. There can be scientific exhibits in which some case series is reported, or an Educational Exhibit which describes or reviews imaging findings in particular conditions. Pictorial reviews come under this category. They can also be single case reports.
Posters will have equal importance as oral presentations. They will be displayed throughout the meeting.
- The E-poster will be displayed on standard 42” (Diagonal) LCD
- File format should be PowerPoint (.PPT)
- Total size of the presentation should not exceed 10-20 MB
- Maximum number of slides per E-poster: 8-10
- All slides should be in landscape format
- Animation/movies/sounds will not be supported; please submit in a static PPT format only
a. The E-poster needs to be created as per format only.
b. Each slide title should be placed in a title placeholder
c. The text should include (most likely as separate elements of the poster) Introduction, Aim, Methods, Results, Conclusion and Acknowledgements
- The poster should be self explanatory. Text should be brief and well organized
- It is suggested that font size of the text should be at least 32 point. The typeface chosen should be a simple and clear one (e.g. Helvetica)
- The correct font size depend greatly on the fonts used in the ppt and the thumb rule should be that if it is visible well on the computer screen it shall be visible on the E-Poster Display Screen.
- Color suggestions:
a. When using light backgrounds (white, yellow, light blue) we suggest using dark fonts (black, navy blue, dark green)
b. When using dark backgrounds (blue, purple) we suggest using light fonts (white, yellow, cyan)
c. Avoid using red or green in any fonts or backgrounds as they are colors that are difficult to read
- Illustrations/images/photographs used in the E-poster should be enlarged enough to show relevant details
If there are any other queries, kindly feel free to let us know.
Wishing you good luck and look forward to seeing you in the conference.
Thanks & Regards
Scientific Papers and Posters Committee,